Grandma and Papa came to visit for Chrismas (and their 40th Anniversary). You can read about their trip (from their perspecive) on their blog. We decided to take them Skiing to the Summit as Snoqualmie -it was Jake's 2nd trip and Audrey's 1st ski experience.
I hadn't been skiing in a few years, and, well, since it was Christmas Eve, I thought Id stay nice and warm in a Santa Hat (which was warm, by the way) - I see why St. Nick dons such a festive headpiece.

Gabrielle and Grandma hanging out together on the slopes. Gabrielle had gone to ski club in Cincinnati, but this was her first time on a real mountain. I think she enjoyed herself, despite being nervous about the size of the hills.
Gabrielle and Grandma hanging out together on the slopes. Gabrielle had gone to ski club in Cincinnati, but this was her first time on a real mountain. I think she enjoyed herself, despite being nervous about the size of the hills.
We found a nice warm place to hang out after the fun.
The whole gang after a long day of lessons/skiing, getting warm around a huge campfire outside the lodge.
Jakob picked up skiing pretty fast, and even braved the intermediate (blue square) slopes about 3 times with Papa and his dad. This is video Papa shot showing Jake on a trail that connected two runs...
5 comments:
looks like a lot of fun.. perhaps we will have to meet up and ski together!!! I am impressed with the video.. more impressed that Papa could video while skiing and not kill himself or anyone else!!!
it was a great time by all and may be we will all have to do it together some time, especially now that there are no more babies around...nice pics Mom
I am sooooo jelous. I guess I will have to move closer.
Looks like y'all had a great Christmas.
come on now.. where is mexico!?!
Post a Comment