Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Paradise Park - Mount Rainier, WA

The kids decided to work on their "junior ranger" books before we started on the Skyline Trail. They passed off all the requirements & got their badges at the end of the day.
Aud & Jake on Skyline Trail - one of the most beautiful hikes we've ever done!
Audrey was a little trooper. Some of the trail was still covered in snow. Yes, snow! And, did I mention that it's August? We had a few snow ball fights along the way.
It was a LONG way up - only a 1700 ft. elevation gain, no problem! I figured that if the kids could do it, then so could I. The trail was a around 5 miles & took us about 4 hours to complete.
We reached the top - Panorama Point - we did it! We could see in the distance Mt. Adams, Mt. Hood & Mt. St. Helens.
Beautiful Mount Rainier - - - need I say more!

2 comments:

the duchess said...

Cool pics. "The hills are aliiiiiiiiive with the sound of muuuusiiiic..."

cplatt said...

impressive hike! I feel a tinge of jealousy...not that the hikes in North Texas are by any means unworthy. :) where's Gabby?