Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tagged by Bec....

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago would be 1997 - October - ....Was in the MBA program at BYU. Had just completed my internship at EDS (and vowed not to go work there), was in the throws of job hunting. I can't specifically recall if I had my Koch industries experience yet, or not, I think I might have (thats a different story - short version, I wanted to work there but didnt get the offer - very humbling experience). Around that time we had to choose between competing offers at HP in Colorado or Procter & Gamble in Cincinnati, OH. Gabrielle was 3, Jakob was just a few weeks in the womb....This was a very pivotal point in our life, starting out on the path that led us where we are today. This was definately a life-altering choice.

2. What was I doing 5 years ago?
5 years ago would be 2002 - October. Just moved back from spending two years in Dallas, Texas with P&G. We started building our house in Mason, OH in April, it was supposed to be done in September. It wasn't. As a result, school had started for the kids, and we were living in Temporary housing since August. This was a cramped two-bedroom apartment with 3 kids and a dog. We had two twin beds and a roll-away in one small bedroom that all the kids slept in - it was cozy and fun..(sorta). We were very happy to move back to Ohio and our friends in West Chester/Mason. At work, I had just started as the Global Personal Cleansing Product Supply Finance Manager - a new promotion. Work was very challenging, because I was working on a very big project, the outsourcing of the Ivorydale Plant (P&Gs bar soap manufacturing facility). It was a big hairy project, remember spending lots of time at work....We moved into our house in November. Gabrielle was 8, Jakob was 4 and Audrey was 2... we still had Sophie our Cocker Spaniel.

3. What was I doing a year ago?
October 2006. Was in the process of switching jobs, moving from being the Secret Brand finance analyst to the FemCare Global Profit forecaster. Was a good move career-wise, but less satisfying work - started me thinking about my role and future with P&G. Some of our closest friends had moved West to various places (WA, UT, etc.) and we had almost moved to Stamford, CT, but didn't. Laura and I were regularly playing indoor co-ed adult soccer on Saturdays. Kids were very active in school, sports, music, church, etc. Hectic life in suburbia.
Oh yeah, my motorcycle went into winter storage (purchased in the summer).
Sophie (our incontinent cockerspaniel) found a new home with someone who didn't mind when she peed on the carpet, and we picked up our slightly neurotic cat-dog Riley.

4. What was I doing yesterday?
Working at Amazon.com after a huge career change, still moving into our home in Sammamish, WA, hosting visiting family (the McCarthy's) and friend's (Jenelle Smith).

5 Places I would rather be:
Snorkeling/Scuba Diving Hawaii
or Key West
Skiing, River Rafting, or 4W Driving in Utah
Vacation in Europe
NYC

5 snacks that I love:
Doritos
Frozen Berries mixed with Sprite Zero
Laura's Chocolate Chip Cookies (cold) with a glass of Milk
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Dark Chocolate

5 Favorite TV Shows
My Name is Earl - makes me laugh - what kind of name is Earl ? ;-)
Boston Legal - Laura doesn't understand why....and I can't explain it
American Chopper/Mythbusters/Survivorman/Dirty Jobs - anything on Discovery!
Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice (this is the same show -just on 2x weekly now)
Dancing with the stars.....

5 Favorite Movies
LOTR - Epic -> has set the bar so high, how can you compete?
Shanghai Noon
The Matrix
Pirates of the Caribbean
Star Wars

That's it - hope it was done right ;-) first time and all....

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good job, you did it right.. funny how 10 years change you!!! :)

klonghall said...

I was hoping you'd go back 20 years! We were all still having lots of fun during our freshman year at BYU. We thought we were so busy back then. HA!


Still love reading about your family. I think we need to put Seattle on our list of places to visit. Your pix are gorgeous.