When I was a kid, when I turned eight and got baptized, my dad took me on a father & son trip to celebrate this event - and I got to spend some 1 on 1 time with Dad. He repeated this with each of my sisters also. Since I really enjoyed this and remember this as a great experience ( I went to Colorado with Dad), Laura and I decided to continue the tradition with our kids. While Jake just actually turned 10, we had a few extenuating circumstances which delayed his 8 year old trip until just this week. We even had a near cancellation again, as our original trip has us planned to travel via ATA airlines. I found out Friday AM that they had also discontinued service of all flight. Thus, our plans had to change radically in just 4 hours.

So to make a long story (and and even longer flight) short we ended up in Nassau, Bahamas at the Harborside at Atlantis. We'd never been, so well give you a bit of our adventure.
We arrived Saturday Afternoon, and decided to just wander around, the atlantis is a huge, it has 11 pools and 10Million gallons of aquariums.
Jake taking a picture of the shark tank (that you can do a water-slide through).
Me in "the dig" if you look at the top right - you can see a huge ray (manta I think)
More pics to come later ..... If you want to see where we're staying check out
www.atlantis.com
2 comments:
looks like fun!!
that looks fun :) i cant wait until you guys come down in june!!! :D
Post a Comment